A Commonwealth of Virginia Website


I have a question or complaint about my personal property taxes or my home assessment value.  Whom do I contact?

If you have problems or concerns relating to your personal property taxes or home assessment value, it is best to contact your local treasurer.  (Complaints about the local treasurer office itself should be directed to your local board of supervisors, or your city/town council.)

Check the following sources for local government information:

Whom do I contact if I have a question or complaint about my state income taxes?

Problems or concerns relating to your state income taxes should be directed to the Virginia Department of Taxation; you may also call their customer service line at 804-367-8031.

If your concerns are with the Department of Taxation itself, please contact the Office of the Secretary of Finance.

Connect With Governor Northam

Subscribe for News Updates

Subscribe for Flag Updates