RICHMOND – Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his Administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s Administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Office of the Governor
Cassidy Rasnick, Deputy Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry
Cassidy Rasnick has been appointed to the position of Deputy Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry. Cassidy re-joins the administration from the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS), serving as Manager of the Office of Agriculture and Forestry Development. Prior to joining VDACS in September, Cassidy served as Assistant Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry for Governor McAuliffe. A native of Botetourt County, Cassidy is a graduate of James Madison University, where she received a BA in English and a BA in Political Science.
Ronique Day, Assistant Secretary of Transportation
Ronique Day has been appointed to the position of Assistant Secretary in the Office of the Secretary of Transportation, after previously serving as a Policy Analyst. Prior to her appointment, Ronique worked at the Virginia Department of Transportation as a Procurement Policy Analyst. She began her tenure at VDOT as a Core Development Associate, a program designed to build a leadership pipeline. Ronique holds a BA in Paralegal Studies from the University of Richmond and a MS from Virginia Commonwealth University.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Advisory Board for Service and Volunteerism
- Tashiara Scott of Richmond, Visual Communications Designer, Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Richmond
Board for Hearing Aid Specialists and Opticians
- The Honorable Laura Kleiner of Staunton, Member, Staunton City School Board; student, Washington and Lee University School of Law
Charitable Gaming Board
- Amy L. Solares of Virginia Beach, Manager, Independence Associates, LLLC; Volunteer, Virginia Beach Police Department Animal Control
Education Commission of the States
- The Honorable Kristen J. Amundson of Fairfax County, President/CEO, National Association of State Boards of Education; former Member, Virginia House of Delegates
- Peter Blake, MS of Richmond, Director, State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
- Steven R. Staples, EdD of Williamsburg, Superintendent of Public Instruction, Virginia Department of Education
- The Honorable Joan E. Wodiska of Falls Church, President, Pioneer Management Consulting, LLC; former Vice President, Virginia State Board of Education; former President, Virginia School Boards Association; former Chair and Vice Chair, City of Falls Church Public School Board
Hampton Roads Sanitation District Commission
- Ann W. Templeman of Hampton, Senior Business Support Analyst, Virginia Natural Gas
Real Estate Appraiser Board
- Janel E. Hofler of Portsmouth, Revenue Agent, City of Virginia Beach Commissioner of Revenue Office
- Chris King of Alexandria, Assistant Vice President, Walker & Dunlop, LLC
- Rex E. McCarty of Gate City, Owner & President, Rex McCarty Appraisal Service; Principal Broker, R-MAC Realty LLC
- Richard Stuchell of Fredericksburg, Senior Right of Way Agent and Appraisal Manager, Bowman Consulting Group
Real Estate Board
- Maggie Davis of Arlington, Senior Law & Policy Analyst, Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Ibrahim A. Moiz, Esq. of Sterling, Attorney, NOVA Business Law Group, LLP
State Executive Council for Children’s Services
- Elizabeth M. O’Shea, Esq. of McLean, Member, Board of Directors, Human Resources Chair, Chain Bridge Bank; Consultant, Thirty-One Gifts
Virginia Board for People with Disabilities
- Allison Kay Coles-Johnson, BSN, MBA of Richmond, former Nurse Manager at Virginia Commonwealth University
Virginia Peanut Board
- J. Andrew Darden of Carrsville, Part Owner, Corrowaugh Farms, Inc.
The appointees will join McAuliffe’s Administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.