For Immediate Release:
November 3, 2017
Office of the Governor: Brian Coy, 804-225-4260, Brian.Coy@governor.virginia.gov
| Secretariat of the Commonwealth, Caroline Corl, Caroline.Corl@governor.virginia.gov
Governor McAuliffe Announces Administration Appointments
RICHMOND – Governor Terry McAuliffe announced additional appointments to his Administration today. The appointees will join McAuliffe’s Administration focused on finding common ground with members of both parties on issues that will build a new Virginia economy and create more jobs across the Commonwealth.
Office of the Governor
Charlotte Gomer, Assistant Communications Director
Charlotte Gomer has been appointed to the position of Assistant Communications Director in Governor McAuliffe’s Communications Office. Most recently, she served as the Press Assistant in the Governor’s Office, and the Executive Assistant to the Secretary of Commerce and Trade. Previously, Charlotte served as the Capital Campaign Manager at the Virginia Capitol Foundation. Charlotte is a native of Richmond and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in History from Denison University.
Secretariat of Commerce and Trade
Ryan O’Toole, Policy Advisor
Ryan O’Toole has been appointed as Policy Advisor in the Office of the Secretary of Commerce and Trade. Prior to his appointment, Ryan served as Director of Market Development for 1776, a global startup incubator and innovation network. He previously served in Governor McAuliffe’s administration as Deputy Director of Scheduling, and as Special Assistant in Constituent Services. He received a Bachelor’s in Political Science from Fordham University and a Master’s of Public Administration from Virginia Tech. Ryan also serves as a member of the Board for Professional and Occupational Regulation.
Secretariat of the Commonwealth
Advisory Board on Massage Therapy
- Jermaine Arnez Mincey*of Annandale, Patent Examiner, U. S. Patent and Trademark Office
Advisory Board on Physician Assistants
- Tracey Dunn of Chesterfield County, federal government employee
- Frazier W. Frantz, MD of Norfolk, Chief and Medical Director, Division of Pediatric Surgery, Children’s Surgical Specialty Group, Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters
Board of Medicine
- James L. Jenkins Jr., RN of Mechanicsville, VCU Health, Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit
- Jacob W. Miller Jr., DO of Virginia Beach, family physician, Bon Secours, Norfolk
Board of Nursing
- Grace Thapa, RN of Centreville, Undergrad Nursing Instructor, George Mason University
Board of Visitors to Mount Vernon
- Carlos Del Toro of Alexandria, CEO of SBG Technology Solutions, Inc.
- Mark A. Herzog* of Henrico, Vice President of Corporate Affairs, Kaleo, Inc.
- Thomas J. Lehner of Alexandria, Vice President of Public Policy, Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association
- Anthony R. Bessette of Richmond, Assistant Attorney General, Commerce, Environment, and Technology Division, Office of the Attorney General
- John Haynes* of Charlottesville, Associate Professor, Department of Geology and Environmental Science, James Madison University
- Marian McConnell* of Catawba, caver and cave landowner
Horse Industry Board
- John T. Wise, DVM of Staunton, Associate Veterinarian, Westwood Animal Hospital
Task Force Commemorating the Centennial Anniversary of Women’s Right to Vote
- The Honorable Margaret G. Vanderhye of McLean, Executive Director, Virginia Commission for the Arts; former Member, Virginia House of Delegates
Tobacco Region Revitalization Commission
- Ed Blevins of Abingdon, Vice President - Agricultural/Commercial Lender, First Bank & Trust Company
- Gretchen Blair Clark of Gretna, President, Reynolds-Clark Development, Inc.
- Alexis Ehrhardt, Ph.D of Danville, Executive Director, Center for Community Engagement and Career Competitiveness, Averett University
- Julienne D. Hensley of Scott County, Attorney, Law Offices of Kallen & Hensley
- Sandy J. Ratliff of Abingdon, Community Impact Advisor, Virginia Community Capital
- Walter H. “Buddy” Shelton Jr. of Gretna, Owner, Shelton Angus Farm